SAVANNAH, GA (December 5 , 2010) Operation Santa Paws” is in full-swing. Once again, The Savannah Chatham Metro Police Animal Control, in conjunction with the Savannah-Chatham Humane Society, is encouraging animal lovers and pet owners to make donations to help local humane societies through the year. The department is also a collection point for the Marine Corps “Toys for Toys” program.
“Operation Santa Paws,” provides a means for doing just that! Donation boxes are located at all five precincts to collect dog and cat treats, toys and other needed items.
The Santa Paws wish list includes the following:
Animal Control Wish list
- Towels and blankets
- Pill Pockets
- Dry/wet puppy and dog food
- Large or small carriers
- Cardboard carriers for cats
- Puppy and kitten replacement formula
- Need plenty Leashes and collars! All sizes for cats and dogs.
Humane Society Wish List
- Purina Dog and Cat Food
- Non Clumping Cat Litter
- New Collars and Leashes
- Laundry Detergent
- 55 Gallon Trash Bags
- White Copy Paper
- Towels and Blankets – used are fine as long as they are clean
Donations can be dropped off at any of the following locations:
- Police Headquarters – 201 Habersham Street
- Westside Precinct – Police Memorial Drive, just off Chatham Parkway
- Downtown Precinct – E. Lathrop Avenue
- Central Precinct – 32nd and Bull Street
- Southside Precinct – Oglethorpe Mall, at the rear near Belk’s
- Islands Precinct – 54 Johnny Mercer Blvd.
The boxes will be picked up on Dec. 23.
Leave a Reply