Pokemon Go, a new smart phone app, challenges players to explore their area in search of characters to add to their collection.
However, many Pokemon Go players become so enthralled in the game they forget to pay attention to the world around them. Here are a few tips to keep you safe while on the hunt to “catch them all”.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times – look up from your smart phone
- Don’t venture into areas you are not familiar with
- For parents, set limits on where your children can hunt for Pokemon
- Remind kids not to talk to strangers and to use the buddy system
- Do not trespass on private property, no matter how tempting the Pokemon may be
- Never hunt for Pokemon while driving – distracted driving is not only illegal, but also dangerous