SAVANNAH, GA (January 16, 2020) – Savannah Police Financial Crimes Unit detectives are requesting the community’s assistance identifying a suspect in an ongoing identity theft and financial transaction card fraud case.
The suspect is described as a black female with an average build.
Anyone with information on her identity is asked to contact detectives at (912) 651-6735 or CrimeStoppers at (912) 234-2020. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward.
The Financial Crimes Unit offers the following tips in order to prevent transaction card theft victimization:
- Keep your transaction cards safe at all times.
- Do not share account information or your pin number with individuals you don’t trust.
- Shred anything with your card number on it, if the documentation is no longer needed.
- Do not give your card number to anyone who calls requesting it. Always verify the caller is indeed from the correct business by hanging up and calling the customer service number.
- Only enter your card number on secure websites that you can validate are credible.
- Report any lost or stolen card immediately.