Welcome to the Savannah Police Department Citizen’s Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency, please call 911.
Crimes that can be filed online usually do not require an in-person police response.
If you can answer yes to all of the following, then you may file an online report using this system. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
- This is not an Emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Savannah City limits.
- There are no known suspects (description and/or name) or suspect vehicle descriptions (tag numbers).
- There is no physical evidence to collect or process.
- The incident is not regarding the theft or loss of ID and/or identification documents (passports, consular ID) issued by foreign governments.
- The theft of a firearm is not involved.
- The theft or loss of a prescription medication is not involved.
Using the Savannah Police Department Police Online Citizen’s Reporting System you can report the incidents such as:
- Identity Fraud (use of individual or business information to commit a financial crime)
- Criminal Trespass (vandalism or damage to property $500 or less)
- Criminal Damage to Property in the Second Degree (vandalism or damage to property greater than $500 with no danger to human life or involving a utility like water, gas, or power)
- Lost or Mislaid Property
- Traffic Complaints
- Private Property Crash Reports
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident” to begin. If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Savannah Police Department (Emergency 9-1-1 to file your report.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number. This is your confirmation number, but not your official police report number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- The reports filed online are also usually the quickest and easiest way to get a report for your insurance company.
- All cases filed using the Citizen’s Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, your report could be approved or denied.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Please remember that filing a false police report is a crime.