Tips for Partying Smart
1. Stick with your friends.
2. Make a plan before you go out. Set up checkpoints or code words to make it easy for you and your friends to stay connected.
3. Hold on to your drink—even when you go to the bathroom.
4. If your drink is out of your sight, even for a few seconds, get a new one. Spiking a drink with a date rape drug can happen quickly.
5. Don’t accept a drink from anyone—unless you can watch the bartender pour it.
6. Don’t share drinks.
7. Don’t drink from punch bowls or open containers.
8. When planning to drink, designate a sober friend to accompany you to the event, drive and intervene in risky situations.
9. Avoid clubs or parties that charge men but let women enter and drink for free.
10. Always keep your cell phone charged and on you. You never know when you’ll need it.
12. Make sure you always have a ride home or a plan to walk home with a friend or roommate.
13. Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right to you, leave and get to a safe place immediately.
14. Think twice about what you put on Facebook and other social media outlets—everyone does not need to know where you are or plan on going.
15. If you plan on drinking, drink responsibly.