SAVANNAH, GA (July 1, 2016): The Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department’s Violent Crimes Task Force wrapped up another successful three-day operation that concluded with 12 felony and 13 misdemeanor arrests.
Those with felony charges include:
- Raven Allen, 20, probation violation
- Eric Antonio Blige, 20, Theft by receiving stolen property
- Akeem Brown, 20, Theft by receiving stolen property
- Lezar Christie, 20, Possession of a firearm/knife in committing a crime, possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
- Leroy Garvin Jr., 35, Felony warrant
- Ashley Jalufka, 28, Possession of dangerous drugs
- Matthew Kearse, 25, Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, false statements, theft by receiving stolen property, and probation violation
- Thomas Lominack, 37, Possession of dangerous drugs
- Jalijah Milton, 21, Probation violation
- Jonathan Sims, 22; Fleeing to elude and possession of drug related object
- Damon Smith, 31; Possession of a controlled substance
- Demetri Tremble Jr., 20, Possession of controlled substance with intent to distribute
Laronte Biggins, 18, who has known gang associations, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, less than one ounce.
“We again targeted specific individuals who we know are connected to the majority of our violent crime,” said Capt. Ashley Brown, commander of the Violent Crimes Task Force. “In the past operations it was like fishing with a net. This time we were fishing with a spear, striking known criminals and getting them off of the street.”
Officers also issued 64 traffic citations, conducted 56 field interviews, and seized eight firearms, with four of those being reported as stolen.
The task force had similar success the week prior, making 16 felony and seven misdemeanor arrests.
“This was a successful operation, but we won’t let up,” Brown added. “The Violent Crimes Task Force will continue as needed to take down the criminals who continue to commit crime in our city.”