SAVANNAH, GA (March 3, 2017) – On Friday, March 3 the Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan Police Department presented dozens of awards to officers, civilian staff, and members of the community for their bravery, dedication and outstanding performance.
Chief Joseph H. Lumpkin honoring officers with Medals of Valor, Medals of Distinction, Life Saving Medals, Medals of Merit, and Chief’s Awards of Excellence. Civilian staff and members of the community were also recognized for their outstanding service.
- Medal of Valor: APO John Morris
- Medal of Distinction: Cpl. Matthew Cross, Cpl. Phillip Collard, Cpl. Angel Gonzalez, Cpl. Daniel Kang, and Ofc. Stephen Dupuis
- Life Saving Medal: Ofc. Brandy Santos, Ofc. Constance Hogan, Cpl. Chris Ameduri, Ofc. Justin Jenkins, Cpl. Wes Johnson, APO David Bates, APO Tony Farmer, and APO Matthew Jackson
- Medal of Merit: Lt. David Barefield, Cpl. Brian Spence, APO Matthew Jackson, Sgt. Robert Santoro, Cpl. John Garcia, Det. Wes Johnson, Det. Rebekah Gregory, Det. Askisi Baker, APO Courtney Bibb
- Chief’s Award of Excellence: Major Kerry Thomas, Sgt. Robert Santoro, Det. John Garcia, APO Darryl Repress, Cpl. Ben Ferrero, Cpl. Rufus Brown, APO Thomas Howe, Ofc. Justin Floyd, APO Matthew Fogarty, Gary Taylor, CRO Duncan Scott, Constance Neal, and Kayla Daniels
- Citizen Award of Commendation: Marilyn Grant, Esquina White, Maria Whiteway, Katy Harper, Christopher Polo, and Assistant District Attorneys Tim Ruffini, Mitchell Mobley, Kristjan Whiteway, and Ashley Hurley.
- Business Partnership Awards: LB4 & After Foundation, American Red Cross, Guerry Lumber, Helping Hands of Savannah
The ceremony and luncheon was sponsored by Mr. Mark Spadoni and held at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa on Hutchinson Island.