SAVANNAH, GA (November 16, 2018) – From Nov. 14 to 16, Savannah Police’s Northwest Precinct officers conducted morning sweeps in Yamacraw Village resulting in 10 arrests, multiple field interviews and the recovery of stolen property.
Each morning during the sweeps Northwest Precinct officers, to include Northwest Precinct Public Housing officers, went through the Yamacraw Village area on foot checking individuals loitering in and around vacant units.
Many of the arrests were the result of citizen tips and information provided by the Housing Authority of Savannah.
“We could not have had this level of success without the assistance of the public and the Housing Authority of Savannah,” said Capt. Cary Hill, commander of the Northwest Precinct. “We need all Savannah residents to be our eyes and ears in their neighborhoods and alert us of any suspicious or potentially criminal behavior so that we can address it.”
- Harley Browning, 22: criminal trespass, warrant from another jurisdiction
- Alexis Barr, 18: criminal trespass, warrant from another jurisdiction
- Anthony Gadson, 30: criminal trespass, probation warrant
- Rizule Williams, 24: criminal trespass
- Christopher Wilborn, 40: two counts of criminal trespass
- Vonnie Thomas, 46: criminal trespass
- Delracio Battle, 40: criminal trespass, theft of mislaid property, probation warrant
- Anthony Grant, 41: loitering and prowling, probation warrant
- John Carter, 33: possession of marijuana less than 1 oz., probation warrant
- Hank Hyman, 48: criminal trespass