Two Day Task Force Operation Results in Twenty-Two Arrests
SAVANNAH, GA (February 24, 2020): In response to recent events Chief Roy W. Minter, Jr. of the Savannah Police Department tasked the Violent Crime Task Force and other specialized units to step up operations throughout the City of Savannah.
On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 and Friday, February 21, 2020, the Task Force partnered with the Aviation Unit, Traffic Unit, K-9, Gang Unit, Warrant Squad, Patrol and the Strategic Investigations Unit to focus on areas in the Northwest, Central, Eastside and Southside Precincts. The following highlights the results of these operations:
- Five Arrest Warrants were served:
- Tyquan Black, 23, Battery Domestic Violence (M)
- Antonio Alexander, 19, Aggravated Battery (F)
- Marcus Irving, 26, Aggravated Assault Domestic Violence (F)
- David Wiggins, 40, Sale of Methamphetamine(F)
- Tonya Stephens, 46, Sale of Methamphetamine (F)
- Eleven other Felony Arrests were made
- Six Misdemeanor Arrests were made
- 400 Traffic Citations were written
- 10.9 grams of Crack Cocaine were seized
- 8.4 grams of powder cocaine was seized
- 35.6 grams of Marijuana were seized
- 2 Ecstasy pills were seized
- 2 Oxycodone pills were seized
- 1 gun was recovered
- $2,099.00 was seized.
In addition to the above arrests, Richmond Hill Police Department shared intelligence with SPD regarding numerous entering autos in their jurisdiction. A vehicle description and Georgia tag number were in this intelligence. SPD officers observed the vehicle in the Savannah area, conducted surveillance and conducted a traffic stop on the vehicle. During the stop a search of the vehicle found several items and tools used in the commission of the entering autos, along with items that may have been taken in the crimes. The driver of the vehicle, Elijah Howard, 20, was arrested and charged with Possession of Tools for the Commission of a Crime and a traffic violation. The vehicle was towed to the Richmond Hill Police Department for processing by Detectives and Forensics for follow up processing and additional charges.
If you know anything about the entering autos in Richmond Hill, please reach out to Detective Gonzales with the RHPD at (912) 756-5645.
Anyone with information about these or any other crimes can contact the SPD Tip Line at (912) 525-3124.
Information may also be forwarded to CrimeStoppers at (912) 234-2020. Tipsters remain anonymous and may qualify for a cash reward.